Monday, January 28, 2013

My 21st Birthday

MY 21ST BIRTHDAY PARTY

So my birthday party came to an end and it's really a tiring but super awesome weekend.
I must say it's the best weekend of my life, having to spend my weekend with ALL my loved ones.

Since Oct or Nov 2012 I have already started planning for my 21st birthday.
Booking the location is the most worrying thing to hold a party as you've to book real early and fast.
It's as fast as once the booking opens, you've to book already. Especially when I wanted to book such a prime location.

Initially I wanted to book NSRCC and with a friend's SAFRA member card, I get to book 4mths in advance.
However, when the booking opens and I get to choose the unit, I thought it's a lil not worth it to spend $600+ for a 3D2N bungalow with 2 rooms. 
That's the price after using SAFRA membership. 
Even though NSRCC is a really nice place with full house AC, I thought it wasn't worth it with the price for 2 bedrooms. I need a bigger place.

So I took the risk and waited for Aloha Loyang, where booking opens 90days in advance, using my ex-teacher's Civil Servant card. 
I stayed in Aloha Loyang's Bungalow before during my sec2 netball camp and I knew I wanted that for my birthday.
When the booking dates are reaching, I can't stop panicking and worrying over whether I get to book the venue or not.
It's such a popular places the booking is like hot-cakes! 
Hence Jz came up with the idea of booking 4D3N instead of 3D2N. When the Thursday booking opens, we book 24th-27th (Thurs-Sun) straight. 
Definitely have to book on a Thurs in order to secure Fri-Sun. 

Smart boyfriend.

Once the venue is settled, the rest of the worrying starts. I don't wna bore you with all the details but y'know what I mean.
Catering, cake, guest-list, party decos, BBQ food, desserts, activities, props, outfit... All add onto my worry.
Thankfully for Jz and all my other helpful friends, everything was settled. 

Really very thankful for all those who helped me out and take time out to attend my birthday.
No words can describe how happy I am that day. Love everyone. 


Thursday - 24th Jan 
Sadly today is my main paper and seriously with all the nitty-gritty stuff to settle, I have to mug for my exam.
After the paper I went home straight and Jz came to pick me up and off we go to Aloha Loyang!
Jz did the checking-in for me in the evening while I went for my exam in the evening.

Very happy when I saw the bungalow as the location was good and the place was what I expected.
I remembered how the place looked like few years back and kind of made mental note on how I wna decorate it. 
Did I mention that behind our bungalow was the sea? Bcos it's Sea View Bungalow. 

Only Jz and I stayed over tonight. Feels kinda weird to have only 2 of us staying in a big 4 room bungalow.
Anyway Jz did his project while I prepare all the banner stuff. Busy cutting and pasting all night. 


Friday - 25th Jan 
We woke up in the morning. Actually I woke up first. Woken by 2 cats outside our room fighting.
They're mewing vvv loudly and no matter how I shush them away, they just don't care!
So I have to wake Jz up, which took me some effort and he went out of the bungalow to chase them away.
We stood right beside the cats and they're not even afraid of us no matter how hard we stomp our feet.
Officially hate cats.

So we decided to get out of bed and head out for a swim. Hehehehe. Weather was good and I brought along my swimsuit.


Me on the giant slide. It says no adults allowed but who cares. It's a freaking weekday morning and no one's there.

After a short swim we went back to our chalet and wash up then head out to run some errands. I mean, a lot of errands. 
There's a whole list of things to do and a whole list of things to buy and a whole list of place to go to.

At the end of the day, we went to pick up Layhoe, Jolene and head back to the chalet to do some preparations.
Lm came aftermath and we went out for dinner/supper at Bunagkok tze char.

After supper we picked up Marcus and Glor who joined us for dinner/supper.

Back to chalet for more preparations. That night we're busy cutting out all the props and pasting the sticks.
While Jo helped me with the guestbook decor... Hehehe. Much loves.


My beautiful guestbook decorated by Bby Jo. *hugs*
She's always the decor-IC when it comes to party stuff. Bcos her art is so damn good that's why!

Forgot what time all of us went to bed. I think 4AM.


Saturday - 26th Jan

TODAY IS *THE* DAY!!!!

Woke up slightly lack of sleep but really have to start moving. 
All of us left the chalet pretty early and went back home to prepare. 
After all of us were done, Jz send all of us back to the chalet to set-up everything while he went out to run errands.
Poor boy went around so many places to help me collect cupcake, balloon etc. 

The rest of us at the chalet put up the decors, blow the balloons, helped around, fool around... 
Time pass really quickly. 

At 5pm, my first guest came - Mr Michael and Jac. 
They came early as they're rushing off to Ah-Mei's concert later that evening. 
So glad they came though they've plans that night. Really very glad. 


Sadly I have not even bathed and dolled up. That explains the chui face.


Guestbook page that Michael and Jac decorated. Actually Jac did all the work.


My photo-booth!

For the banner, Jz and I did quite an intensive research to look for cute banners or my birthday. 
And we found this cute little banner idea on Google Image and I know I want it for my birthday.
Went through quite a bit preparing cos at first we use MS Words to make the Mickey head using 3 circles. 
Then we're thinking of how to put the alphabets inside the head when we found that actually there's Mickey head font!
You can download the Mickey head font from a website and just type out whatever sentence you want. 
Everything will come out nicely with the Mickey head. So all we have to do is print and cut. 
However, additional step is where we've to cut out the red center for the alphabets and paste. 
Also, we enhance the thickness of the banner by pasting it over a vanguard sheet for extra stability. 


Mickey's buttock.

Mickey's butt is another challenge as we've to source for a butt image that is cute. 
Then we trouble Jo again to help us draw the "21st" free-hand. And paste it in the middle to resemble the button. 


Lil props corner for the photo-booth. 

From Gr's birthday Lm sent me a file of props images she downloaded online from OhHappyDay
I printed the props in colour and cut them out, then laminated them and cut out the excess plastic again.
Cutting was fun. I like cutting. But the troublesome part is cutting the circles out of all the glasses props! 
I had a hard time controlling the penknife especially when the lines are so thin. 
And have to place the chopstick on the thin side as the holder. Really a challenge. 


Props are a must-have for a party. It adds on elements of fun! And keep people occupied.


We shifted the tables from the dining area out. Also there's already an additional wooden bench outside. 
Thankfully for the location of my bungalow, we can make use of the grass patch under the tree for guest as well. 


Buffet is here! 

I catered from Neo Garden, all time favourite from my family. We never fail to order from them.
They serve really good food though it's a lil expensive. 

And because my buffet is non-Halal, I also had BBQ for my Muslim guests. 
I mean, it's also good to have both buffet and BBQ right? More variety and guest has more choice of food.
I catered my BBQ food from BBQ Wholesale. They provide both cooked and non-cooked food. Free delivery. 


Jell-O shots in the making. Thanks to Glor and Jo for helping me with the Jell-O shots. Hehehe.


Unicorn pinata I bought from Spotlight at $28. 

When I brought it back to the chalet and showed Lm, she's like "You sure you want to play this or not? Very awkward one leh." 
I thought for a minute and decided to back-out. It sure is a lil awkward hitting that thing in front of everyone. 
And I'd sure look like an idiot. 
In the end Jz insist that I have to play and he've already planned on how to sarbo me. Wah, thanks boyf. 


Waiting for the arrival of all my guest. 


That's how big the living room looks like. The left side is the dining room and the kitchen. Right is all the 4 bedrooms. 


Bedroom corridor. I brought along my Xmas lights from home to decorate that plain wall.


While waiting, the girls had fun at the photobooth first.


Thanks Hil bby for helping me arrange all the props nicely. 


While I was busying dolling up, a giant Hello Kitty came into my room.
My reaction was like "OMGWTFBBQ BABY YOU BOUGHT THE GIANT KITTY FOR ME!??"

For the helium balloons we ordered them online from Party Wholesale, same wholesaler as BBQ Wholesale.
While we're browsing the website we found this giant 1.2m tall Hello Kitty and I wanted it instantly. But thought it was too expensive.
It was around $45 with helium. Jz said he'd settle the helium balloon part so I didn't know what he ordered.
To my surprise.


As usual the girls chiong to camho with it.



Me in the room prepping up for that night. Really just my normal daily make-up routine, just with the addition of falsies.

Bby Limei provided me with a pair of fake lashes she bought from Taiwan or something. And she did my eye makeup.
She's super drama. She said while she was drawing my eyes she was about to tear cos it feels like I'm getting married.
Like, seriously???? 


Love love love my very simple photobooth.

Funny how my favourite colour is actually violet but it seems to be pink on my birthday :/



Layhoe and Ash. I need to scream at Ash for don't know how many times then he will get his arse up to help.


Darlin Glor helping me with the Jell-O shots. If you're drunk that night thinking you only consumed jelly, she's the one behind it.


I bought "customized" Stickys candy as door-gift.
And I placed it on the guestbook table where people can snack and decorate at the same time.
Sadly, no one seemed to notice it amongst the pile of art materials and I bought it home almost full jar.


My mini cupcakes! Because my cake is non-Halal, I specially ordered these cupcakes for my Muslim friends. 
Cupcake from Sweetest Moments at $28.90. 


Mah bro doing what a man should do. Getting his hands down and dirty. Wait, where's the real man??


I brought along the shimmer gel that Sis left in Singapore and shine myself up lolol.


That's what I'm talking about...


Can't stop mentally squealing whenever I saw the giant Hello Kitty. 


MY turn to camwhore with it. The rest of you please step aside. Today is my birthday thanks.


Photos with guest according to the time the reach.
*ahem* Now you know who's late and who's the early bird!


Early bird #2 (#1 is Michael and Jac) - Clarabelle and her boyfriend Justin.
Actually Justin don't want to come in one. I think he shy la. But we force him in to take photo. And force him to take props.


With my Bby Limei who helped me SO SO much for my birthday. Like, SO SO much is an understatement.

I think she really should study events management or something because she's always reminding me of details I didn't even think of! 
And most of the time most of the stuff, she reminded me. And there's a saying 
Honestly I think I'm quite chill about the whole party. I think. 



With Layhoe and Ash, who also helped a lot in the decors together with the rest of them. 


Mel and Glor darls. 







One of the few first guests to arrive. Thank you guys so much for the Twelve Cupcakes. Much much appreciated.

The food has finally arrived and omg I had a hard time trying to figure out where to place the buffet food.
In the end placed it inside in case outside gets too crowded. Need to space out the guests hahaha. 









With BbyJo. Thank you so much for helping me with the decorations. Mwah!!!


With my famz. Sis wasn't in this picture because she's in Abu Dhabi.


Look at them stuffing the pinata with lots of candies!


Thank you so much, guys, for helping with the BBQ. 

Actually I asked Mom to come early so that my maid can help to BBQ so my guests won't have to do the job. 
BUT... my family only came at 7plus? Like srsly wth. 
And when they came and Mom ask my maid to go out to help BBQ, my maid say she shy. 
SERIOUSLY!!!!????? 










Check-out Sooling the big eater. Honestly she can eat 24/7 and not grow fat.


Me with my darling babygirls. 


With JeanJean! Thank you so much for helping out so much! Love you sooooooo much! 





Us with Justin and Jared. Thank you guys for coming for my birthday party!


That's my evil twin, Huijie. 


NV Netballers!


Awkward much? Jean and Limei with my secondary school classmates. I bet they haven't spoke to each other before?? 


Hil baby with the Jell-O shots. 


Hahaha finally someone appreciate my Christmas lights. 




The PHS Gang. Thank you all for making time out to come. 





The 3E1-4E1 Gossip Girls. 


Mah best bros in secondary school. Thank you guys for always being there for me and giving me endless support.


Seven Wonders. 


So basically, the whole night is just me walking around and trying to engage with all the guests while they also walk around trying to engage with all the food. Hahahaha. It was really nice catching up with everyone especially not seeing each other for so damn long. 

This is more than just a birthday party. It is also a catch-up session. And I am glad through this I am able to bring everyone back together.

When the time is almost right, they brought out the cake. 
I haven't really seen the cake cos I was so busy for the whole day and don't wna risk spoiling the cake while opening the box. 
So I just hoped for the best for the design to look pretty. Cos Jz and I designed it on our own.
No photos whatsoever is available on the finished product so we can only try to use our imagination.


When they opened up the lid to the cake box, my heart was thumping like mad.
When I finally saw it, I almost cried. It's so pretty!!!!



A random shot of Dad and Bro in the midst of preparing for cake-cutting. 


Everyone is crowding around the cake trying to take a shot of it.





I took out the mini-cupcakes as well as the Twelve Cupcakes that the TSO Gang bought for me. 
Everything was so nicely ensembled. I want to cry!!!!! 





With my favourite man and the man that made sure this special day of mine is the best of all.



With my family and Jz.

With Babies. 


With Babies and our boyfs. Missing: Gr, cos he got fieldcamp.


With NV Netball girls. Missing: Meiling and Joanne. 


With Seven Wonders. 


With 4E1.


With PHS. 


With PHS L3.


With TSO Gang.


With Jz's classmates, Justing and Jared.


With Vasantham Stars.
Which later that night we changed our clique name to BFFFL. Which means Best Friends Forever For Life.
Missing: Daniel Low cos of field camp. Awww... so sad... Hahahahahaha!

Awkward moment when everyone's singing birthday song and you just stand there not knowing what to do.



Just stand there and pretend to laugh. 





A v good shot of my parents looking very happy their daughter turned 21.
Thank you Mommy and Daddy for bringing me up and teaching me good. 
Without you guys I will never ever be here and enjoying my life. 



Making a vvv hard wish. So much to go through this year. So much luck needed. 


A blow to make all my wishes come true.



Caught bringing out a bouquet of flowers from God knows where. 


I got a shock when Jz present the flowers to me. Like, I didn't really expect that. 


And that's him signalling "One only ah." cos everyone keeps chanting "KISS KISS KISS!"
Wth I was so super reluctant and shy cos there's so many people there especially MY PARENTS. 
I really didn't expect all my idiotic friends to be so idiotic. I really want to kill them. 




K the cake distribution crew gets cracking. Hahaha. 
So funny how everything ended and they rush up to cut and distribute the cake. 






It's been years since I met up with my secondary school friends. They're an awesome bunch of people.



Me with my BFF in Poly and StanTheMan.



Can't believe they really went to set-up the Pinata thing and I really want to bury my head into the soil.




Me with BrenBren. It's sad how we only got to really know each other after Poly when we starting working in TP.
She's such a fun and nice person to be with and we had so much fun times. Thanks for coming!!! 


Char and her boyf Vincent. Thank you for coming. Hope you enjoyed your food! 


HUGEASS THANK YOU TO THIS GIRL!
Thank you so much for helping me keep everything organized with the PHS and TSO side. 
Without you I think I might go crazy. Love you too much. And thanks for being such an awesome friend. 


With the lil one, Huimin. I already bend down quite a bit.


With Shelley. Miss the times we had. 


With Debbie. Thanks for being such a fun person to be with, neighbour. 


Gossip Girls, once again.


Lovin' this corner of the chalet. Brick wall with all the polaroids.





Lobster Woo.






Crazy fun shots with the BFFFL. Photo-taking is always funny but annoying at the same time.





Obviously Nigel is drunk. Look at him trying to "bang" my Hello Kitty in all sort of direction. 




Guys with different hats. If only Dan is here, this photo would be perfect. 


Hahahha Weien trying to blow out the candle on my birthday balloon.


The guys always have their own funny poses. 







K, dooms day is here. For me. 


Trying to back-out and explain to B how tired I am already. 


Worst of it all, Nigel is the one spinning me. I swear I really felt like I couldn't feel anything anymore.


Can't even stand straight and need Layhoe to support me. 








From that moment when suddenly the thing I was hitting was gone, I knew someone did something to it. 


The pinata was almost impossible to break open so I ended up using the stick to pierce into it's belly. 



Highlight of the day, giant Hello Kitty. Thank you Baby for getting it for me. Love you so much. 




The party ended and slowly one by  one my guests left. Really v thankful that they made the effort to come.
Countless numbers of people to thank, countless things to thank for. 

After the party, rest a bit and it's time to surprise the true birthday boy with a cake! 
The clock stroke 12mn and it's 27th Jan. Jz's birthday!!!!!!!




Baby looking suspicious. I bet he didn't know we're celebrating his birthday. 




Simple birthday surprise.


In the room chillin' with BFFFL when they handed me the presents. 


A v pretty Prada wallet!!!!!!!! *squeals!*


Baby and I presented our birthday presents for each other. 
Actually, he is more surprised than me for the gift I got him. Cos, I alr knew he got me an LV bag.
Like, the bag is so freaking huge how am I not supposed to know!? Or rather, pretend I didn't know!!??? 



Mitchy matchy gifts...


Gift from parents. A set of traditional gold key necklace and bracelet. 


An advanced birthday gift from Sis who missed my birthday cos she's already over in Au Dhabi. 


Biggest gift. 


From BFFFL. Thank you guys so much for the lovely pink Prada wallet. Love you guys to bits! 
And thanks for putting 10 $1 coins inside! Hahahaha. 


Thank you Babies for the Rayban shades. I've been wanting this for the longest time! 


Thank you specially to Limei and Guanrui for this separate set of Swarovski earrings. They're really pretty.


And thanks TSO Gang and PHS for this lovely watch. You guys know me so well .



THANK YOU :')
This blog post is gna end with a thank you speech from me.
I know I have already said enough of thank yous but you guys will not know how much I appreciate each and everyone of you here for taking your time out just for me. It made me feel special enough, to be the reason for that few hours of life you spent there for me. Words cannot describe how happy I am that day and of course how much I cherish my life. From the day I turned 21,  I made a promise to myself to be a better person, for myself and to everyone. I know this may sound v cliche, but we'd go as far as possible ok? 

God bless. X

2 comments:

  1. Hi, can i ask how much does your cake cost? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! That's great. Cake and cup cakes with donuts are adorably designed. Hunting for pretty San Francisco venues for my sister in law's baby shower in a couple of weeks. Have to rush for all arrangements to complete them before time. Guest and cuisines list is done.

    ReplyDelete