Friday, February 22, 2013

CNY 2013

CHINESE NEW YEAR 2013

Yet another year's new year has past. And this festive holiday has come to an end. 
All the kids must be super reluctant to go back to school, including me. Exams are coming.


This was before Chinese New Year. 
As netballers don't have the time to meet up during CNY, we had a reunion dinner before CNY. 


08th Feb '13: Reunion dinner with BFFFL at my place. 


09th Feb '13 - Reunion dinner with my family on CNY Eve.


10th Feb 2012 - Chinese New Year Day 1


Nails for CNY 2013. DIY over the night. 


OOTD for Day 1. Top from KL and skirt is from Jo on my birthday lololol. 

As usual my day for day 1 is always jam packed with relative visiting. Every year.
It's v predictable the places we'd go first and which house we'd go next. Every year really the same. 
But this year sis was not with us so only bro and I together with our parents. 

Later on in the evening we went home to rest and after dinner, went to my maternal uncle's house.
Aftermath, I went straight to Dan's house for *shhhh* gambling. 


Mel and I at Dan's house. 


11th Feb 2013  - Chinese New Year Day 2


Early in the morning at Jerald's place.

We left quite quickly after Jerald's place and went to my maternal uncle's place.
It's a yearly thing where we stay at his house for the whole day while the uncle's play mahjong and the kids gamble.
The aunties, sit in the living room to gossip. 


OOTD for Day 2. Top from a shop at 313, bought together for my birthday top.


In the night we went over to Jean's place to bai nian and had a round of mahjong. 
As usual, all of them played mahjong while I played with Nikki. 


12th Feb 2013 - Chinese New Year Day 3


OOTD for Day 3. 

Usually Day 3 is a lil slack for us since we've already visited most of the relatives or seen most of them.
Or rather, collect most of the angpows ahahahah. So not much have to be done. 

In the late morning my family went over to my maternal aunty's place and spend the day there.
I left home halfway and met Jz at my house. Chill around a bit and went over to Dan's house.


Mahjong at Dan's house with the kids. Cute Hello Kitty tiles! 



Mandatory shot with Mel.


Close to the last day of CNY. Last meet up with Jo before she fly back to Australia :(

That about sums up my Chinese New Year for 2013. 
Honestly not v excited about CNY anymore as I grow older. 
I think I will hate Chinese New Year more in the next few years cos it's time for me to give angpow.

No comments:

Post a Comment